Dr. Ataullah Zulfaqar
Dr. Ataullah Zulfaqar, who is a member of the German Medical Association leadership board, visited Dewanbegi Clinic on March 12, 2018. He shared his advice and suggestions with the staff for the clinic’s enhancement. In addition, he prepared a useful structure for the common events of internal diseases as well as management. Dr. Zulfaqar, currently living in Germany with sufficient experience in the field of internal diseases, was satisfied with the present status of the clinic and promised to continue his cooperation with the clinic in the future.
Dr. Matin Safi from Frankfurt/Germany
Having seen the clinic and meeting the doctors, Mr. Dr. Matin Safi, first of all, wanted to hear from the doctors of the clinic about the problems of the clinic as well as those of the doctors.
After that, Dr. Matin Safi shared his suggestions and experiences with the doctors of the clinic. His suggestions included emphasis on being on time of the doctors, working according to a schedule, managing the clinic effectively, dealing with the patients in a good manner, and attracting the costumers.
Also, in order to offer better services to the people, he asked the doctors to employ more experienced doctors. In addition, he suggested that the personnel of the clinic should talk with the local people and advertise for the clinic, so that the people will be aware of such a well-equipped healthcare center. Dr. Matin Safi also suggested that in order for the clinic to be strengthened financially, funds should be attracted so that at least the patients will not be paying the fees.He said that this will be so effective in attracting the attention of more costumers.
Dr. Zalmai Turyal
Dr. Zalmai Turyal who is an active expert of pediatric surgery in Germany and has had significant achievements in his profession, visited the clinic in spite of being much busy. He also shared necessary directions with the clinic’s personnel in their respective duties. Moreover, he drew the staff’s attention to the shortcomings of the surgery and throat sections at the clinic along with showing them the solutions.
As Dr. Turyal has already had the experience of contribution to the training of Afghan doctors, he also promised he will continue cooperation with the clinic.
Visit of Dr. Khpalwak Ningrahari in Dewanbegi Clinic
First of all, Dr. Khpalwak Ningrahari (Specialist in General Medicine, Stockholm/Sweden, -> www.altapraktiken.se/khpalwak-ningrahari) was introduced with the doctors and staff of Dewanbegi Clinic. After that, Dr. Khpalwak guided and consulted the doctors about some issues. In addition, He asked them some questions. Some of the advices and questions were as the following:
- How much time should be given to each patient’s treatment?
- How to treat an emergency patient?
- A file should be created for patients whose illness is continuous, e.g. blood pressure and diabetes, in order to register their records.
- The team should honestly, faithfully and carefully carry out the affairs.
- The clinic staff, especially the doctors, should attend to their works on time.
- Patients should be recorded however it is not necessary for all.
- Each of the doctors should feel responsible.
- Khpalwak shared some information with the doctors about the current status of foreign health care centers especially of those located in Sweden.
- Low quality medicine should not be admitted to the clinic; if possible, a contract should be signed with any pharmacy company.
- While seeing the departments of the clinic, Dr. Khpalwak gave some essential information to the responsible personnel of laboratory. He advised them that if it was possible, an agreement should be endorsed with other hospitals regarding laboratory examinations. As well as, the laboratory technician assured Dr. Khpalwak about the current tests in laboratory of the clinic.
- The medicine should be purchased from a company or country which produces quality medicine.
- For attracting customers’ attentions, good services, reasonable price and little profit should be kept in mind.
- Quality should be controlled, and patients should be encouraged to care about their health and to always follow their illness.
- The doctors should listen to the patients, give them enough time to talk about their diseases and provide them with sufficient information about their illness.
- Services of infection and circumcision should be added to the clinic.
- All the departments of the clinic should be connected with each other through internet.
- Khpalwak promised that he would visit the clinic again (October 2016) and would support it.
At the end, Dr. Khpalwak appreciated the on-going process of the clinic and wanted all the doctors to keep medical moralities in minds. Omid Ahmad, Kabul, 20.2.2016